Thursday, May 9, 2013

MotoGP A Surreal End For Stoner

Casey Stoner in Valencia experienced a race that he did not want to have career completion. But ultimately it was good.

Casey Stoner In Valencia Grand Prix
Casey Stoner wanted to avoid unnecessary risks
One last time Casey Stoner went on Sunday in Valencia a MotoGP race, the last time he fought for a good finish, and the last time he made it to the podium. Had he met with his victory at his home race at Phillip Iceland already the desire to win, before stepping down again, he had hoped for Valencia, to be able to say goodbye properly, without risking further injury to his ailing since Indianapolis ankle. The wet conditions made it not easy, in the end it was in third place and he came through unscathed. When it was over, even Stoner appeared slightly emotional.

"Its a bit surreal," said the Australian. That was also because he was disappointed the entire weekend of it actually how it went. "Im happy here in the dry, but we only had bad weather. There was barely a dry session and it was difficult to live with. I do not feel comfortable here, because the track is wet, because I am very tense and can not continue as usual - especially if it is half wet and half dry as it is today, "said Stoner.
The safe

Because he was not taking any great risk, he remained at the start then conservative and took the rain tires. Normally, he would have immediately opted for a slick, but this time he was safe, he said. "Today was the wrong choice. It was a long race, when I finally had the slick on it, I took down my head and I pushed further. I just gave my times down and gas." Despising Stoner especially careful not to get off the dry line and still have enough clearance from the wet spots have.

"Normally I am very free and the way he drives, but today I was held back a bit, I did not want to hurt me more. I was very nervous and tense. I had my eyes really always on the dry line. It was hard work, but it paid from. collapsed a few drivers and I passed when it was needed. The race was tough, but it was good. Thanks to all the team and to my family. You have given me in my career, all helped very much and me there helped out where I am now. "A huge thanks, Stoner said at the close.